Hopes, dreams and aspirations
Rather than make foolish predictions this year, here’s the top seven things I’d like to see:
1. The Ontario Securities Commission charge some high mucky-muck we all know with a criminal offence, rather than just the usual passing parade of small-fry pump-and-dump artists.
2. The rear-end of Rob Ford in this fall’s mayoralty race. No apology required when he exits public life.
3. Prime Minister Stephen Harper offer the same loyalty to staff and MPs that he expects from them.
4. Well-written stories worth reading in my local papers.
5. Tolls on major Toronto roads to raise revenue and reduce gridlock.
6. Nicholas Brody of Homeland come back to life.
7. As Robertson Davies once said, a retractable form of suicide for Canadians in February.