The future is now
Here are my seven fearless predictions for 2012:
1. The problems in Europe are not over, but they will muddle along. Fear will subside.
2. Mitt Romney will defeat Barack Obama for the presidency.
3. The Bank of Canada will raise interest rates.
4. Kate and Wills will be pregnant.
5. The Canadian dollar will end the year about where it is now, 98 cents U.S.
6. Rob Ford will be charged with an offence.
7. The S&P/TSX Composite index, down 11 per cent in 2011, will rise by at least that amount in 2012.